Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Mother's Love (Laurie Moore's "Creative Cone" May Challenge Entry)


This month I joined Laurie Moore's May Challenge and created "A Mother's Love" canvas.  I enjoyed last month's challenge so much that I couldn't pass up another challenge for this month.  It's fun to try to come up with something with the item she features for her challenges and I envisioned a "vase" filled with flowers when I received the cone.  I wanted to do some stenciling with molding paste on the cone but it was impossible to wrap the stencil around it without the paste smearing.  I had an idea of taking a piece of tissue paper, stenciling the image on that with molding paste and then after it dried I shaped it around the cone.  It worked perfectly!  I used gesso on the cone and then sprayed it with Prima Iris Color Bloom Spray.  I used some Petaloo flowers, Leaky Shed chipboard pieces and some small buds from a flower arrangement to fill the cone.  It's a small Mother's Day gift for my mom.  I hope she like it!



1 comment:

  1. This project is so beautiful! What a wonderful tribute to a Mom. Love the texture added to the cone and the colors wow! You blow me away with the transformation of this little paper mache' cone. How know it could look so stunning. Thank you so much for your entry in this months challenge Creative Cones. Hugs, xoxox Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...