Monday, January 18, 2016

Valentine Burlap Canvas - Love & Memories

Happy Monday everyone! Today I created a panel from one of Tim Holtz  4"x 6" burlap panels. These are wonderful panels to work with because you can use all types of different mediums on them. Here, I used paint and a stencil with texture paste to get a colorful background for my panel. I added some embellishments and, viola, a simple yet adorable burlap panel perfect to put on display for Valentine's Day.



I painted the burlap panel with Tim Holtz Distress Paints, applying the colors in all different directions and spritzed the panel with mists of water so the colors would soften and blend together. I used Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Red Barn distress paints.


After the paint was dry, I used Ranger Texture Paste and with a Dina Wakley Palette Knife I added the Tim Holtz Flourish Stencil to the top and side of the panel.


I cut out Tim Holtz Trellis Frameworks Die out of chipboard to add to the panel.


After the trellis framework was cut out, I cut it into smaller pieces to lay out onto the panel and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also inked the edges of the painted burlap panel with the same ink.


After all the trellis pieces for the project were inked, I adhered them with hot glue to the painted panel.


I laid out the large embellishments on the panel where I wanted to adhere them with hot glue and moved them around until I was happy with their placement. I used a Tim Holtz Metal Timepiece Clock Face, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game SpinnerTim Holtz Sizzix Mini Love Struck Die, one of the images from Tim Holtz Paper Stash Kraft Resist Seasonal images, and an image from my stash. I used my Tim Holtz Distresser Tool to distress the edges of the images and inked the distressed edges with vintage photo distress ink.


I laid out the rest of the embellishments to see where I wanted to adhere them to the panel. By laying them out, I can get a better feel for how they will look when paired together and where I want to place them on the project. I added Petaloo Red Glitter StarsPetaloo Burlap Poinsettias, and 



Here, I laid the embellishments on the panel until I was satisfied with the layout and adhered them to the panel using hot glue.


I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step tutorial on how I made my Love & Memories Valentine burlap canvas and I hope you try using these wonderful burlap panels for your next project. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...