Monday, May 23, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make A Wish

Hi Everyone! This week starts off with another amazing challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week's theme is, "Make A Wish". Check out all the details on the blog and join us in creating something amazing with our theme!




I wanted to create something colorful with stars raining down representing many wishes. 






I used a section of the Heidi Swapp Confetti 6x6 stencil that contained stars and applied them on my chipboard piece with Ranger Clear Gloss Texture Paste.




After the texture paste was completely dry, I stamped on the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man in the bottom left corner using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.




I stamped another Umbrella Man image onto Inkadinkado Masking Paper and fussy cut that out of the masking paper. I used the mask to cover the original Umbrella Man because I wanted the small white areas on the image to remain white. After applying the mask, I sprayed Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Spray Stain in random areas on the background.




When the distress sprays were completely dry, I gently rubbed over the stenciled stars with a baby wipe. Remember to go over the stars only because the baby wipe will remove the brightness of the distress sprays.




I begin coloring some of the elements for my project. I chose Tim Holtz Mirrored Stars and decided to color them with Ranger Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink. Just drip a drop or two over the stars and allow them to completely dry before handling.




I cut two flowers with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die from corrogated paper.




I forgot to take step-by-step photos as I created the flowers, but you can see them here on my final project. I sprayed the smaller flower with Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover distress spray ink. I sprayed the larger flower with Mermaid Lagoon distress spray. When the flowers were completely dry, I add some Prima Copper Micro Beads and Tim Holtz Mini Gears for the flower centers. I adhered the micro beads with Ranger Texture Paste and the mini gear flower centers using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.




Now that the elements for my project are finished, I begin adding more dimension to my background. Here, I applied a number stamp using Garden Patina Archival Ink. I also added a couple of the Tim Holtz Star Fasteners next to the umbrella. To line the star fasteners evenly, I used the small evenly spaced holes on the Tim Holtz Ruler and perforated the chipboard through those holes with the Tonic Craft Pic. These are two wonderful tools, when used together, that aid in applying small brads or fasteners evenly onto a project.




I applied an image of a grid from the Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Playful Journey clear stamp set with Jet Black Archival Ink.




I added a few more clear stamp images from the Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge stamp set onto the background with Fern Green and Garden Patina Archival Ink. I then inked the edges of the tag with Black Soot Distress Ink and also some Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks to deepen the colors around the edges.




I used the We R Memory Keepers Cloud Cropadile Corner Chomper to create decorative corners on my tag.





I wanted to put a clock in the upper center half of my piece to represent time, so I stamped the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock image in Jet Black Archival Ink.




I colored some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon with Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray. I wanted the ribbon to have deep, rich color so I sprayed the distress stain on liberally.




For my sentiment, I cut out the word, "Wish", with the Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Thinlits Die from Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock.




I put all the elements onto my tag and my "Make A Wish" project was complete.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I put together my colorful tag. I love working with Distress Spray Stains. Their vibrant colors and excellent coverage make them a dream to work with on so many surfaces.

I can't wait to see what you create! Join us on this challenge and add your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog where you could win a $50 gift voucher to their amazing store.

For more inspiration, tips and tricks for all types of papercraft creations, follow Simon Says Stamp on:


  Image result for small facebook icon  Image result for small pinterest icon  Image result for small twitter icon  Image result for small youtube icon  


You can find all the following supplies I used to create this project at Simon Says Stamp:







23 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this Cathie! the colours and whole design is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this GREEN is fabulous!!! I also love the touch of glitter micro beads for a nice POP!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag Cathie and I love love love that green...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful tag Cathie and I love love love that green...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How stunning Cathie! I love all the wonderful green and the micro beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are rocking the green (my fave) on this one, Cathie!! I love how you have made the stars your wishes, gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag! this palette is fabulous and I love so much the way you've altered the flowers! Wonderful! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag! this palette is fabulous and I love so much the way you've altered the flowers! Wonderful! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely colors! So vibrant and strong! I love the flowers made from corrugated cardboard. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is gorgeous, Cathie. The colors and the flower embellishments are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so absolutely vibrant and sophisticated all at once! Love your rich colors and thought it was so clever of you to use the little pearls on the flowers. Your eye for detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing tag, Cathie! Love the vibrant green! The big bow on top looks fabulous. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, Suchi!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...