Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Tammy Tutterow Designs - Felt Flower Card






Hi Everyone! I'm here today with a card for Tammy Tutterow Designs. It's another week of projects from the team, and I hope you'll join us to get some ideas for your crafty inspiration. I created my card using Tammy Tutterow Designs Posie Parts that I cut from felt along with her Mad For Plaid stencil to create the background setting. Join me below to see how I put everything together to create this special card.  Enjoy!







I begin by cutting all the pieces I need for the flowers from felt. Above are the dies I used from the Tammy Tutterow Designs Posie Parts stamp and die set. I will only be using some of the dies from the set.






I place the two felt flower pieces together, as shown above, and attach them together with a small button and some embroidery thread. I also give the leaves some detail with green embroidery thread. I set the pieces aside to work on the plaid background.





To create the plaid background, I use the Tammy Tutterow Designs Mad For You stencil. I tape down the stencil on the vertical line side and apply Shabby Shutter Distress Ink.





Next, I move the stencil over to the horizontal lines and apply that with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.





Here is the completed plaid background. Isn't it pretty and it was so easy to create using Tammy's stencil. I set it aside so the inks completely dry but you could hit it with a heat tool to speed op the process.





I distress the edges with the Prima Distressing Tool and ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I set it aside to completely dry.





For the frame, I cut the Tim Holtz Ornate Frame out of Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card stock and adhere some May Arts brown 5/8" sheer loop trim ribbon to the back side of the frame.





I like how the ribbon peeks through the frame and I also like the added dimension it gives the frame when I adhere it to the card.





I add Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the outside edges of the frame.





I take the leftover center of the ornate frame that I cut out and stamp on the Tammy Tutterow Designs Dear Ruby stamp in Potting Soil Archival Ink. I then ink the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Now I have all the pieces I need to put the card together.





To complete the card, I adhere the ornate frame to the center of the plaid background panel using 3d foam tape. I adhere the felt flowers to the inside of the frame piece that was stamped with the Dear Ruby stamp and adhere that with 3d foam tape to the center of the frame. Lastly, I adhere that panel to a piece of 5" x 7" Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate card stock and my card is done.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I created my felt flower card and that you got some inspiration for your next project. Thank you so much for sticking with me to the end and have an awesome day!






3 comments:

  1. I just love these sweet little posies in the frame. So clever to stamp Dear Ruby as the background. This is darling, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that plaid background and those flower arnADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mix of Tammy's goodies, Cathie! Love the sweet script in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...